Monday, June 6, 2011

it was worth it

i confess, Friday morning when I had to wake up and get ready to make the trek back to Wilmington from Raleigh, I wasn't smiling about it... but I knew the mix up was my fault and there was some rational level-headed part of my brain telling me that it was going to be worth it. and it was. it was worth it.


As Group 3, me and mine found ourselves helping out Diesel's group for the first time slot of the day. they had brought some funky funky props. i loved it. There was an 'oogity boogity' mask, and a skull flask, a black sheet which made its way over Faiza's body as she sat in the woods like some kind of death oracle.
It was interesting to see how the first trial at the Bolex long shot went. The group did a good job at thoroughly rehearsing and timing their action out. As the task master, I had to leave before they actually shot the footage, but that experience came later.

We had Stick come in to play the main character of our 56 second shoot. He was helpful because a) he's taken the class before b) he's funny c) he's a hard worker, and d) he brought his own sweat towel.
we rehearsed the long shot quite a bit because the timing kept changing. first it was a minute, then it was 30 seconds. then it was 53 seconds. perfect let's roll it.
Paul did a great job shooting the Bolex. and we had lots of fun with the props and costumes. props and costumes are fun. always have been, always will be.

I liked processing. but it's a scary thing when you don't really know what you're doing... ya know.
when we captured the inverted upside footage, we could make otu more figures than we thought we would be able to because our developed film looked different than all the other films. this scared me. I panicked but hopefully when we invert it etc in final cut everything will look fine. or interesting.

this was a fun day.
four hours of class was worth four hours of driving.
it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment